Monday, July 19, 2010

Today in dance class we learned how to move slowly while dancing (slow movement) If it takes the average person half of a second to take a step, in slow movement it would take five seconds. Slow movement removes time as a factor.


The slow movement exercise was a way to bring all focus to one. It’s like meditating; relaxing, calm, and being attentive allowed me to gather all focus within and keep my head clear. The slow movement exercise blocked out all negative energy, it allowed me to be free in my mind. The difference between fast movement and slow movement is that, slow movement allowed me to concentrate and gain focus. Fast movement along with its tempo brings distractions from all areas; it could be really hard to keep up with the fast moving pace. An audience watching a performer would be attentive due to the power behind each movement. 
-Rudjy

No comments:

Post a Comment