Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Wood Burning

Today we started our wood burning projects. We took pictures of ourselves and burnt them into wood. The wood burners were like pens that heated up. Holding it was a new experience. It was kind of scary because it’s really hot, but it was really fun because I saw the piece of wood transform into my face. I learned how to convey different meanings through my strokes even though I only had one color. I based my strokes off examples of my peers. I learned that slow and deep marks were dramatic and grabbed attention, and light and fast marks could mean anything from happiness to sorrow. Working with the group was really helpful with this project, because even though we were working individually we were able to help each other to make each one of the portraits the best they could be.
-Ethan

No comments:

Post a Comment